Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Rail Mounted LP setup?

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 11:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rail Mounted LP setup?
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2020 20:51 
Skipper

I am a little late to the party. I cruised for 2 years in Central America with the 11 gallon tank. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning and cooked something most evenings on the stove in in the oven. Found it lasted about a month between fills. Which was no real problem in Central America since just about every town has a propane filling station (or butane). I think it cost 6 bucks or so and you get to mix with the locals standing in line. I did buy (and if I was in Maine at my home I would give it to you) a 10 lb aluminum tank as a back up when I thought I might go offshore and just did not want to risk not having my coffee---I think I paid a $5 or $10 deposit on the thing in El Salvador--but I am sure no one ever would fill it again. But it is still full. If you want to come to Castine, I could have the guy who takes care of my house leave it on the porch for you. I will never need it again. You could probably get it filled outside the US if you ever used it. I just strapped it on to my push pit with some big adjustable hose clamps. Never needed it. If you are going to the Caribbean, it is not difficult to get it filled either.
Ray Durkee
T 37 #373

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2020 20:04 
Skipper

Thank you, but the 10# tank won't fit in a 5# locker. I figured out that even thought the tank says 11# on it, it's a 5# tank. I think it weighs 11# full. I may just line a 2-3 up with a fender board aft and call it good. They're only 8 or 9 inches wide.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2020 18:48 
Skipper

One thing to remember is the 20lb exchange tanks are only filled to 15lbs. Kind of like the 1/2 gal ice cream isn't a 1/2 gal.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email