Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Missing Centerboard

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 18 Apr 2024 20:29

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing Centerboard
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019 07:43 
Rail Meat

My boat was hauled yesterday, and the yard discovered my centerboard was missing. To add a bit more detail, the pad-eye on the board has been loose for a couple of years. I've been holding off on the fiberglass work needed to repair the board, as I had other pressing boat expenses and I was happy sailing with the board down. So, bottom line, having not tried to lift the board all season, I don't know when I lost the board. I'm doing to have a diver check the under my slip, since I have no knowledge of the board coming off while under sail, but...

This leaves me with two questions:
1) Assuming I don't find the board, any one know of any options other than the $3K board offered by Tartan?
2) I don't relish the idea of sailing without a board (I like the ability to point high) but is it safe, if I decide to wait a year?

Thanks

-Jim

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Missing Centerboard
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019 15:07 
Rail Meat

Thanks for that info. I assume that I sailed for a good part of this year without the board myself. She still pointed reasonably well, although I did feel she was not pointing as well later in the season, but being a lazy cruising sailor, I didn't have precise evidence, and assumed I was just being paranoid :-(. I still plan to get her repaired, but it's good to know that it's not urgent.

Profile Email