Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hooligan Refit Continues - Exterior

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 14:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hooligan Refit Continues - Exterior
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019 13:46 
Skipper

I'm thinking about a new windless, vertical, with capstan for chain and rope. Which one you looking at and any on sale? I'm one of those that worry about weight on the bow.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019 15:41 
Skipper

I like the Lewmar V-1. It was on Defender for a minute, and I mean a minute, with 200' of line and 20' of chain or something like that for $799.00. Then it bounced to $1200, then $899, then who knows. I understand these boats sit a little bow down in the water, so I'm thinking of taking out the brand new water heater (it's big) and putting house batteries under the cockpit in reach of the stbd locker. And then figuring out how to heat water otherwise. Fine on the dock, fine when you're running the engine, but otherwise I never used the one in my Bristol. And never looked back after it was gone.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019 21:16 
Able Bodied Seaman

Hooligan (1982 - Hull 370) has a center bar in the bow pulpit. Don't know when Tartan moved the forward running lights from in the hull to the bow pulpit, but they mounted a single combination green/red light on the connecting bar.
In 2004, I added a Harken roller furling set-up. As part of the set-up, I purchased and installed a custom stainless combination stem tang and bow cap with tack fitting and double rollers. Have un-successfully looked for the original order, but remember it was offered thru "The Customer Service Company" (Tartan parts supplier in early 1990s-early 2000s) and the "Blackwatch Clan" (owners group ) quarterly news letter and was made in Grand River, Ohio, by an independent machine shop. It was quite expensive (if I remember correctly about $800) but very high quality and fit perfectly. Wondering if anyone else has this set-up on their 37? Would be very surprised if this part is still made (photos attached).

Tom Lindsay
Hooligan #370

Attachments:
Custom Bow Roller Looking Forward.JPG
Custom Bow Roller Looking Forward.JPG [ 736.64 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Custom Bow Roller - Top.JPG
Custom Bow Roller - Top.JPG [ 511.88 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Custom Bow Roller - Side.JPG
Custom Bow Roller - Side.JPG [ 520.36 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 13:04