Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Tartan 37 Owner's Manual

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 12:54

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tartan 37 Owner's Manual
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018 11:34 
Skipper

Boat come with an Owner's Manual.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Tartan 37 Owner's Manual
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2018 14:44 
Rail Meat

Yes, I am not the original owner but there was an owners manual in the ships paperwork. I havent read all of this forum yet and somebody may have already scanned and posted an owner manual. I have 1986 Hull #466 and if you havent found one here on the forum let me know and I will scan mine and post it for everybody to have. Cheers

Kim and Ottis
Stella Maris
Hull# 466

Orange Beach, Alabama
Sailing East Coast of FL 2018

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018 03:24 
Able Bodied Seaman

would love to see a copy of the manual!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018 10:17 
Skipper

I would also like to see one, we didn't get one with our T37.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019 10:20 
Able Bodied Seaman

Just saw this post - I have the original manual, but wanted to check something so went to Westerbek website. They have an archive documents section, which has all the original Westerbek manuals/parts lists available, including technical updates. Should still be available.

Tom Lindsay
Hooligan #370

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019 07:56 
Skipper

Today is rudder day. Happy New Year. And finish popping out the plastic portlights day.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019 14:25 
Skipper

Portlights all out, pintle out, bushing out, pulpit off. The kid and I seem to still know what we're doing, even though it's about 20 degrees in the boatshed. And that included getting the below deck autopilot out of the way. Less than four hours. If I wasn't thinking it might go offshore some, I'd re-use the pintle and re-weld the pin. The bushing cotter pin sheared at some point, so the bushing and the pintle pin (with a broken weld) were turning with the rudderpost. Seems like this is something that might oughta be part of regular maintenance somehow. But I guess once the skeg is on, you're outta luck. Have to order a skeg.

Those (Beckson?) portlights all leaked, loaded with silicone only. I was afraid something on the deck, the traveler, deck hardware, etc., was leaking behind the overhead liner, but I now think it was just the portlights wicking water up and down. We'll get the Newfounds all lined up next weekend so I can get Richard his jig back. No installations, using butyl tape or caulking or bedding anything in these temps.

The teak is 7/32" thick around the ports, so where I have to - at least the salon lights - I'm going to put 2' new pieces of teak where each new port will go and just batten the cuts. The multitool cuts far enough behind the trim so I think we can get the new wood down behind the trim and will only have to take the top trim piece off.

This shit is ALL put to the coach fiberglass with friggin' resin. It ain't poppin' off. There was pooled resin in the voids behind the plywood. God bless the inventor of the multitool.

Started taking down the overhead in the salon. Dying to see the backing for the traveler. Might re-invent that and have my rigger in St. Thomas have a new Garhauer drop shipped. I think I still have a credit with him for getting him out of trouble, so maybe I'll get it at cost. Hmm. I wonder what he can do about a Lewmar V1 windlass? Saw those for $799 for a minute at Defender WITH 20' of chain & 200' of rode awhile back. Then $899. Then back to almost $1200.

Decided to pull all the deck hardware and re-mount with at LEAST fender washers if not aluminum backing plates. Just washers sized to the bolts seems a little silly.

I think this is overall a better boat than my Pearson or Bristol, but both of those were built with an eye toward not coming apart. Tartan seems to have been a little lax in those areas. Much nicer spar and that area with the tartan, but all the deck hardware mountings seem flimsy. Fiberglass tabbing is O.K., but kind of a messy hull/deck joint.

I'm too old for that goddamn chain locker. That and Nana got us pumping iron as of 3 days ago daily, so this old bastard aches all over.

Off to Harbor Freight for clamps and throwaway tools as soon as I finish this bowl of leaves and twigs. I miss being in the boatyard in St. Thomas where I could just walk over to Budget Marine for what I needed.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019 17:11 
Skipper

Hi, re mounted my deck fittings with 1/4 “ G10 , great stuff. I have a spare owners manual somebody can have if they want it but not till late May.
Spanish Wells, Bahamas.

Hull #6

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2019 05:58 
Midshipman

Hey Skipper, do you think g10 would work in conjunction with my new chainplates? In the original installation they have two aluminum plates against the bulkhead. There was a ton of galvanic corrosion between the stainless chainplates and the aluminum plates. I’m thinking maybe replace the middle plate with g10 if it’s strong enough. I’m looking for the rating but so far haven’t found the answer. Is it as strong as aluminum or stainless as in for the backing plates.

Profile Email