Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Mainsheet travler flexing

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 18:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mainsheet travler flexing
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2018 10:54 
Rail Meat

Has anyone been able to correct the movement of the cabin roof / companionway under the main sheet traveler. My traveler was upgraded by the past owner and I’m not sure if he installed the correct track ( strength ) and that’s why it’s flexing in the center. I’m going to install harken 32mm big boat main sheet traveler track but I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this and if there is a better fix.
Thanks

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Mainsheet travler flexing
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2018 19:43 
Skipper

Some boats have a compresion post installed from the forward inboard corner of the fridge to the overhead: I expect that this is the most effective way of dealing with the flexing/pumping induced by the traveller. It also provides another "grab" device: a good thing.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018 09:47 
Skipper

Unless your boat has suffered some kind of catastrophic deck delamination, I would say that your traveller was installed improperly. If you would provide a picture, we could probably tell. If you have a standard T37, I am guessing someone tried to anchor it solely in the hatch hood without the ends being firmly attached to the house top. But without seeing it, hard to guess. This is the kind of thing I would expect a competent surveyor to note. Unfortunately, there are a host of poor quality surveyors out there.
Ray Durkee
T37 #373

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018 17:10 
Skipper

Water in the core around that area, that's what mine was

Richard

Profile Email