Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Then there's This T-37 for Sale

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 04:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Then there's This T-37 for Sale
PostPosted: 16 May 2019 08:16 
Skipper

I'm going to go through the boat with with a fine-toothed comb this week. I can see it, about a mile away in the mooring field at Elephant Bay, from the dock. Got to spend the day clearing our car back in through customs and the other gouging, though, so won't get at it until later in the week. This may present an opportunity to avoid killing a month or two bringing the boat in Maine down the ditch and the Bahamas, Luperon to Mona to PR to Esperanza to home. Dangerous trip when you know people that like to party in almost every stop from Virginia to FL to Long Island to Luperon to Esperanza. Used to love partying with the PR's at the annual Heineken Regatta. Getting too old for that. Got to ask the kids if they're interested at all.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Then there's This T-37 for Sale
PostPosted: 25 May 2019 08:39 
Skipper

Well, its a fixable boat, but the rudder was sheared just below the pintle plate with accompanying concerns (use your imagination). I dove it. The pintle plate may be salvageable. Strange pintle bolt setup. It LOOKED like a 4-bolt staggered arrangement (1977?) but one of those might have been a blob of 5200. Hard to get up in there. The backing plate was shield shaped, much wider than the straight plate on my 4-bolt straight pintle setup.

I could fix this boat, but wife convinced me one T37 2000 miles away to work on is probably enough. Amazingly, no notable cabinside problems from the portlights that had been replaced with something superior to the original Becksons except maybe in the head, where the teak ply was covered with white liner. But she's a project all the way around, incl. chainplate and mounting bulkhead check. Possibly a good opportunity for a crafty, creative, industrious person. Yard costs and hurricane season loom large, though. Hull number 43 in the Gallery.

Profile Email