Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Refit, teak Cockpit Floor grate over drains

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 20 Apr 2024 02:25

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Refit, teak Cockpit Floor grate over drains
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2011 18:14 
Rail Meat

I have Hull #28, '76/'77 model. Anyone know where I can get a teak Cockpit Floor Grate?
I have owned for 13 years and am about to come out of the water for major refit, paint, etc.
Anyone installed the Newfound metals Stainless Steel Port lights?
Anyone had full enclosures made?
The water heater appears that it mmay be problematic to get a new on in, perhaps to cut out part of the port lazeratte to get a new one of what size. Can I get a bigger one than the six gallon Seward?
A couple of years ago I purchased some tall, stainless steel, round cowl vents for two rear vents. Want to purchase , or have built, stainless steel gurds that will serve as grab location as well. Like the cockpit grate, I thought that this kind of specialty stuff used to be offered by "Blackwatch" parts and store run by Joe Palmer. Is he still around?
Appreciate input. I am making my complete list now with all parts and labor for everything I want to do, estimated at $25-$30k. I believe it is a boat worth updating. I have sailed it over 10,000 miles and can't imagine another sailing boat, only something bigger later.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Refit, teak Cockpit Floor grate over drains
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011 16:35 
Skipper

We installed NFM Portlights about 2 years ago. Excellent product and they have very good system for installing including the rental of router template, sealant, screws and excellent instructions. Tell them you want the T-37 discount.

In the Tech section here on this site is an article with pictures I wrote when I replaced the 12 gallon water heater on my boat with an identical heater. The water heater comes out through the quarter berth after you move the exhaust hose by disconnecting it from the muffler. No need to cut up the water heater or the boat. There are several other articles you may be interested in if you are doing a refit including repowering although in my experience the repower was much easier than the article would have you believe.

Joe Palmer is no longer in the Tartan parts business as far as I know. I would recommend contacting Art Averil at Tartan Parts first as they are providing a number of items that Joe used to sell plus more. Art is a huge help an valuable resource when working on these mature boats.

Good luck with your refit

-Jim

Profile Email