Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New Owner Hull # 439

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Apr 2024 01:09

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New Owner Hull # 439
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 09:59 
Rail Meat

HI Everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Paul, my wife Liz and I just purchased hull# 439. formally known as LaVella, once the documentation process is done her new name will be Blue Moon. The boat and I are still getting to know each other. She was sailed from Amityville Long Island to her new home in Huntington LI at the end of June. So far the one major problem has been dirty and /or old fuel. The engine quit 3X on the way to Huntington. I've had the fuel "polished" and changed the Racor and so far so good. Our previous boat was a T 33 which we sold about 4 years ago. Back then the forum on the TONE site was incredibly helpful. I'm looking forward to sharing information and meeting other T 37 owners here as well. Here's a pix of Bleu Moon.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New Owner Hull # 439
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010 13:22 
Skipper

Welcome Pablo and congratulations. Blue Moon looks spectacular. In the way of dirty fuel see if you can clean the bottom and sides of the tank through the fuel gauge sending unit hole. Your boat is a later model than ours but our aluminum tank failed without notice last year and it really made a smelly mess that I just recently managed to finally get cleaned up. About $700 for a new tank with shipping from Florida to the west coast and simple if not time consuming DIY project. Good luck and I know you will enjoy her.

Jim Boissier
Ardea T-37 #285

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010 23:48 
Skipper

Wow... She's beautiful! Not a lot of dark hulled T37s out there. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the extra 4 ft. Makes a world of difference.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010 10:27 
Rail Meat

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Profile Email