Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New owner(Hull #365)

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Apr 2024 12:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New owner(Hull #365)
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009 22:46 
Rail Meat

Hello all, just purchased #365 a few weeks ago, also my first boat.
Attachment:
010.JPG

010.JPG [ 2.14 MB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New owner(Hull #365)
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009 11:20 
Tactictian

Congratulations. For a first boat I think you did very well!!!

We have only owned our boat for a year or so, but I can honestly say it is a great boat. My son and I went out fishing on Saturday and he could single hand it in light wind while I cleaned a fish on deck. He is 12. This is a great sailing boat.

Charlie

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009 18:16 
Able Bodied Seaman

Yes, Congratulations. Where do you plan to sail? Any big projects planned? This forum is great for advice on any upgrades or help solving problems. Seems like the people here have done everything.

#167 Tenacious
Port Clinton, OH

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009 22:07 
Rail Meat

Thanks everyone. Will be sailing in the Annapolis area. No major projects planned so far other than general upkeep. She is in pretty good condition thanks to the previous owner. This forum has been great so far, I've learned alot just in the few weeks I've been looking around.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2009 22:25 
Midshipman

Congratulations & welcome aboard!

We are south of Annapolis at Herrington Harbor, look forward to seeing you out on the water! Are you going to rechristen her or keep the original name, if so what name should we be looking for?

SOLARE #442

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009 18:04 
Able Bodied Seaman

Annapolis?? I am considering a job in Baltimore area (Sparrows Point) and I was looking for some ideas about where to keep the boat (plus housing...) and how the area would be cost wise for dockage. Currently we sail on Lake Erie, but yourarea sure is interesting to think about.

Any advice?

#167 Tenacious
Port Clinton, OH

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009 21:21 
Skipper

Congratulations, what a great boat you have, and as the first one, even more so Cheers

We're in Rock Creek off the Patapsco at Oak Harbor Marina, we?ll probably pass each other here and there.

I would love to get a rendezvous together somewhere on the bay this season? Toast

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009 09:47 
Rail Meat

Solare, right now she is named X-Scape which is still painted on the stern. But will be rechristened Audentia as soon as I'm back in the area and can get some time. Hopefully see you out there late summer.

jbarnes11,
There are literally dozens of places to keep your boat in that area. Depends on what marina ammentities you want basically. Ofcourse you could always find someone who has a dock at their residence which will be cheaper yet. But in Annapolis you could expect to pay anywhere from about $6000-9500 for a marina slip(Approximations only from calling around for my boat). One of the more expensive places to be but well worth it in my mind. If you do not need to be right in Annapolis there are places like Bay Bridge marina right across the bay, 15 minutes drive from Annapolis and about an hour sail for considerably cheaper rates with very nice facilities. Actually I may be moving to this spot once my current lease is up from the previous owner. But for you if you do not need to have your boat where you live and work then there are plenty of good spots with reasonably slip rates in the area.

T37Chef,
Thanks, that would be good to get some of the boats together, keep us informed if you organize anything. My season this year is unfortunately very short due to work constraints.

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009 05:32 
Able Bodied Seaman

welcome to the wonderful world of owning a t37 there are very few boats that can compare we have had ours for over three years and major money problems,we just could not bring ourselfs to sale her, you will be very happy I predict we have hull #369 and sail out of south carolina Pirate

Profile Email