Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New Day - New Owner

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 09:52

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New Day - New Owner
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007 12:17 
Able Bodied Seaman

Hi,

Having been six years a devoted owner of the lovely and capable T34 Capriccio and finding how much it costs to get major lifestyle upgrades for her (dodger, bimini, refrigeration, hot water, Awlgripped hull), Suk and I purchased the T37 New Day (hull #16) that has those amenities and comes with a support network comparable to the T34's. She will be berthed at the Newport Naval War College marina in Newport RI on Narragansett Bay.

John & Suk Harvey
Actually, it was a case of "3-foot-itus"

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New Day - New Owner
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007 16:33 
Skipper

You're going to love that upgrade!

I'm not sure what sort of community the T34c has out here on the web, but if they're stuck in the sailnet forums and you have any contacts among them, we could discuss adding them to our forum or building them one of their own. I imagine there's a lot of crossover between them and us.

Welcome to the forum and you can put your 3-foot-itus to bed now.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007 13:36 
Able Bodied Seaman

Ummm, thanks for the invitation but, as the weblacky for the T34C website (http://tca34.org/) and the Commodore of the Tartan 34 Classic Association, I can say with some humility that the T34 crowd is a great community with lots of channels, including a good forum. Thanks anyway -- oh, and as for crossover, one of our projects is to determine the Tartan Parts that are common (or nearly so) to the T34 and the T37 because of uncertain availability of some.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007 16:04 
Skipper

Nice web site. I've been meaning to make up a nice front page for us, but it's in the middle of a long list. And I'm more on the geek side so pretty tools scare me. I rarely venture past Notepad for my web work. (current main page is Tom's and looks like a FrontPage product)

So what's your site using? Looks a little like Joomla, but there's no tag. Nevermind... just saw it in the URL. That's what I was looking at for a CM system. A bit hairy at first, but pretty flexible.

If you're ever running out on your host contract, I have a sweetheart deal with FunWebHost and a spare domain slot. So we could talk about unifying the hosting while keeping the sites as they are. Just tossing it out there. I have tons of space/traffic/and 25M of DB to spare. (and much like beer, the best hosting is free hosting)

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email