Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hull 162 enroute to California

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 08:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Re: Hull 162 enroute to California
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2021 12:46 
Rail Meat

Hi Mike,

I am getting ready to do the same. Tough to get a T37 in the San Francisco area. I am curious about your experience. Can we chat sometime? I currently sail out of Sausaito CA. My T37 is in Central Florida getting ready for the trip to the bay area.

Cheers,

D.A.N.

Ahoy. We just loaded up #162, formerly Spindrift and Nemea, for a truck ride to the San Francisco Bay. Once she's back in the water (after her year on the hard in Florida), we'll rechristen her Hotate Maru.

My wife and I looked at a ton of boats on Yachtworld and in person. But we kept coming back to the T37's as just the right (for us) mix of style, performance, and seaworthiness. This forum was also a factor: we appreciate a group of helpful co-owners who are happy to share a wealth of experience and information. Thanks for answering our pre-purchase questions and all the future post-purchase ones.

Mike

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hull 162 enroute to California
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2021 07:50 
Navigator

dnenni,

I sent a PM to you on this board with my email address. Although it's unclear to me if that feature works.

The trucking company we used was Blue Earth Express. We had a great experience with them. On the receiving end, we had the boat unloaded at Svendsen's in Richmond. They were also good to work with.

Boatyard prices are obviously higher in the Bay Area than in Florida, so it's cheaper to have work done on the boat before shipping. It took us about ten days to take things apart, clean out a storage unit, and get the boat loaded up.

Profile Email