Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hull 162 enroute to California

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 17:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Hull 162 enroute to California
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2020 17:54 
Navigator

Ahoy. We just loaded up #162, formerly Spindrift and Nemea, for a truck ride to the San Francisco Bay. Once she's back in the water (after her year on the hard in Florida), we'll rechristen her Hotate Maru.

My wife and I looked at a ton of boats on Yachtworld and in person. But we kept coming back to the T37's as just the right (for us) mix of style, performance, and seaworthiness. This forum was also a factor: we appreciate a group of helpful co-owners who are happy to share a wealth of experience and information. Thanks for answering our pre-purchase questions and all the future post-purchase ones.

Mike

Attachment:
File comment: On the truck

IMG_20201105_135559.jpg

IMG_20201105_135559.jpg [ 829.03 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hull 162 enroute to California
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2020 18:42 
Rail Meat

Congrats! I had an eye on NEMEA too but you guys beat me to it. Keep us updated on what's going on!
Dirk

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2020 08:04 
Skipper

I think that boat had a youtube channel for a couple of years didn't it? The guy and girl's name for the channel. It's cool that you can see everything about the boat, sailing, etc. Seems like they were from Canada and bought it up there somewhere. Shaun and Julia Sailing, I think. Then they just stopped, without a word, and I saw the boat on Yachtworld for sale.

Edit: Yeah, well, duh! Quebec hailing port. I guess it's the same boat.

Well, I just googled 'em and I guess it's none of my business. No more videos, apparently. I just liked getting ideas from other boats.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2020 17:32 
Skipper

madmike wrote:
Ahoy. We just loaded up #162, formerly Spindrift and Nemea, for a truck ride to the San Francisco Bay. Once she's back in the water (after her year on the hard in Florida), we'll rechristen her Hotate Maru.

My wife and I looked at a ton of boats on Yachtworld and in person. But we kept coming back to the T37's as just the right (for us) mix of style, performance, and seaworthiness. This forum was also a factor: we appreciate a group of helpful co-owners who are happy to share a wealth of experience and information. Thanks for answering our pre-purchase questions and all the future post-purchase ones.

Mike

What yard are you coming to in the Bay Area. I am here in Alameda and have owned my T37 for 28 years. Rebuilt most everything once in the time. Happy to help you with figuring out issues.

Ray Durkee

Attachment:
IMG_20201105_135559.jpg

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2020 10:40 
Tactictian

Hi Mike. Congratulations on the new yacht. Could you share the name of the hauler and an idea of cost per mile. I am considering Norfolk to Florida because this covid thing is adding all kinds of frustration to getting my boat down the ditch. I just want to get it there and be done with it. I can begin my refit in a more hospitable climate.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2020 12:10 
Navigator

Ray,
Thanks for the "advice on call" offer. Our boat is at Svendsen's in Richmond now. We'll be berthing her at Coyote Point after that.

Zoombats, We used Blue Earth Express for trucking. http://blueearthexpress.com/
We're very happy with their service. Price was reasonable ($3.50 per mile), they showed up on time and did a good job, and were super easy to deal with. They are based in Florida, so your route is right up their alley.

Yes, Shaun and Julia were the previous owners. Bummer for us they deleted all the Youtube videos before we got to take a look.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2020 09:18 
Tactictian

Thanks for the info Mike. Good luck with the vessel and hope to hear more in the future. There is a wealth of knowledge and great people willing to offer support on this forum which makes things a lot easier to accomplish all the tasks that we encounter. Mark s/v Gypsy Soul

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2020 08:29 
Rail Meat

Congratulations on your Tartan 37 purchase!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2021 10:11 
Tactictian

I just got back from Florida, Glades Boat Storage Moore Haven where I had the boat shipped. Thanks to Mike for the lead on using Blue Earth. The boat arrived in very good fashion and precisely on time. Dealing with the dispatcher, Jess was very pleasant and professional and I would highly recommend them anytime. The Glades is a good choice for "Snow Bird" sailing as it is cheap enough for storage and a good deal for live aboard in the work yard.Mark #337
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5cCUEgJd6CMZRaEC7

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2021 12:03 
Rail Meat

Hi Mike,

I am getting ready to do the same. Tough to get a T37 in the San Francisco area. I am curious about your experience. Can we chat sometime? I currently sail out of Sausaito CA. My T37 is in Central Florida getting ready for the trip to the bay area.

Cheers,

D.A.N.

Mike

Profile Email