Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New Owners of #338 Highlander

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 12:37

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New Owners of #338 Highlander
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018 09:03 
Rail Meat

Attachment:
IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6403.JPG [ 667.61 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

We are the proud new owners of Highlander from Cataumet Ma. She was brought home in the beginning of October to Nyack NY, where we will be sailing her on the Hudson and the LIS. She is in great condition and was well loved by her previous owners. As she is an 81' there are always little projects and upgrades to be done, but thankfully nothing major.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New Owners of #338 Highlander
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018 17:29 
Tactictian

Hello & Welcome Highlander,
She looks great, ready to sail !
Great forum, lots of info, ideas from other T37 owners.
Good luck with her, and your projects. I have done many so far in m 4 yrs of ownership.
Fairwinds,

Todd
Ex Hobie Sailor
S/v Bleu Moon
Hull# 439

Hull #439

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018 22:37 
Skipper

Great looking Tartan! Welcome!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018 08:18 
Skipper

Very nice looking T37, welcome to the board.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019 19:34 
Tactictian

Hi Puff. I happen to notice that the boat I just purchased is Hull #337. Mine does not show as well as yours but I feel confidant that she has good bones and the interior will require the most work. I am looking for a good affordable yard where I can haul for my summer return to Canada where I will return in October to venture down the waterway. The boat is located at Outer banks so if you could recommend a yard where I might haul and pull the stick and be able to do my own work. Living onboard for a couple of weeks would be a plus

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019 23:47 
Skipper

Zoombats wrote:
Hi Puff. I happen to notice that the boat I just purchased is Hull #337. Mine does not show as well as yours but I feel confidant that she has good bones and the interior will require the most work. I am looking for a good affordable yard where I can haul for my summer return to Canada where I will return in October to venture down the waterway. The boat is located at Outer banks so if you could recommend a yard where I might haul and pull the stick and be able to do my own work. Living onboard for a couple of weeks would be a plus

That was very nice of you to say. Are you thinking about a yard in the OBX or you looking for a yard in Hampton Roads? In Norfolk we had lost several yards to development and only have a couple left. They all stay pretty busy, I've been booking my fall haul in the early summer. Cobb's is the only one that I trust with pulling the mast. Not super cheap, but good and can help you get back in. I hope to be there mid September to early October. If you need anything, I'll be around.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019 08:08 
Tactictian

Hey Puff. I had seen a post where you had mentioned Cobbs and I did go on their website to have a look. I am looking to do things in reverse as I will haul out in May and launch in October for a run down the Ditch. I won't be able to really work on the boat until the fall as I am committed to a seasonal building project in Canada. Cobbs does seem a might expensive and is there anything closer to NC and the Outer banks? I am at a bit of a loss as I am not familiar with the area. Thanks

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019 12:14 
Tactictian

Welcome aboard.
Highlander is a beauty.
Best regards,
Nick.
S/V Angela Mia #336
Lake Superior.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019 10:23 
Skipper

Zoombats wrote:
Hey Puff. I had seen a post where you had mentioned Cobbs and I did go on their website to have a look. I am looking to do things in reverse as I will haul out in May and launch in October for a run down the Ditch. I won't be able to really work on the boat until the fall as I am committed to a seasonal building project in Canada. Cobbs does seem a might expensive and is there anything closer to NC and the Outer banks? I am at a bit of a loss as I am not familiar with the area. Thanks

In the OBX there are a few yards on Roanoke Island, they mostly service the offshore fishing fleets. I could not recommend any. I'm certain there's a good one there.

Call Elizabeth City Shipyard, Contact: Lloyd Griffin, Phone: (252) 335-0171. Lloyd is a great source, he's a surveyor and knows more about boats than any person I know. I think his yard only does emergency work and no DIY.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019 17:09 
Skipper

Deatons' in Oriental is a 1st rate yard, a half days' run from the inlet at Morehead City/Beaufort via the ICW
(and three or four days run from Norfolk). Not as convenient for flights as is Cobbs in Little Creek but a sweet spot if you don't have to be commuting to the boat by air.

Profile Email