Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hello all from Hull 206

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 04:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Re: Hello all from Hull 206
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018 08:30 
Rail Meat

Thanks Ray, that's brilliant. I was thinking this morning of how I would run a new freshwater line to the head without the risk of it becoming contaminated at a "T", but this is infinitely easier and sensible and won't feel like I am wasting water in the tanks.

Velera wrote:
This thread may be turning into a smell reduction theme, but after you do all you are talking about—I would recommend that you take advantage of the plumbing of your T37 to rid yourself of the smell. If you flush the head regularly with fresh water and NEVER leave the thing full of salt water for more than a day or two and if you can get folks to be sure to flush it well (not just to the point that the pee and poo disappears) you will have a sweet smelling boat. You are probably right to replace stuff if the previous owner let stuff sit in it, but fresh water flush is the key. Just fill the sink with the sink through hull fitting closed and pump the head with the head discarge open. The sink water (you can even use left over wash water if you are cruising) I believe most Tartans came from the factory with this arrangement of plumbing for a reason.
My head does not smell and i have had my boat for 26 years. I have put high quality sanitary hose, but I am not convinced that did anything.

Ray Durkee
T37 #373

Resolute #206
Newburyport, MA

Profile Email