Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - I'm IN! I'm IN! Looking at '79 T37.

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 15:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: I'm IN! I'm IN! Looking at '79 T37.
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017 11:47 
Skipper

Well, finally got "in" and around the server problems thanks to Mike. Took some doing, a week or so to figure everything out and get some help.

Looking at a T37 (actually, looking at several), got lotsa questions, know boats, can figure out the T37 without too much ado. Want to rig for a multi year cruise, back home to the Virgin Islands and beyond. Knew Eric on Kimberlite, actually jumped on that boat when he brought it to the V.I. years ago, before he picked up the Amel.

So, greetings. Maineiac.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: I'm IN! I'm IN! Looking at '79 T37.
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017 20:20 
Able Bodied Seaman

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find the information shared useful and sometimes entertaining. The forum has been an invaluable source of information and inspiration for me and my family. Wish we had a few more photos or a dedicated photo section, we love looking at other Tartan's and comparing equipment and dreaming of upgrades.
Regards to all.
Timoko
Tartan 37 Hull # 135
loving our deep fin keel here on the left coast
San Francisco Bay

San Francisco Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017 06:23 
Skipper

Thanks. One of my projects was a refit of a Navy Utility that had been turnt into a "lobster yacht" by a pilot from Miramar. With a tuna tower. We bought it in Crescent City and moved it to Humboldt Bay for salmon and butt. 50' is too much boat for my next refit. I miss that boat, though.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017 06:53 
Skipper

Not sure where you are in Maine, but I am in Castine and if you are in the area, I have owned my T37 for 25 years and cruised for years on both US coasts and Central America. I have developed opinions through these experieces about equipment and set ups on the T37, needed and not, that might be worth considering for cruising.
Ray Durkee
T37 Velera
Castine Maine

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017 07:08 
Skipper

Castine. Where is that?
Just kidding. So you know Kenny, huh? There used to be several hundred dollars of my $1 bills pinned to the ceiling at Dennett's. I used to keep a Bristol 35 at Andrea Devereaux's back before the turn of the century. Boy, with the need for reasonably priced yards in the region, you'd think someone would've kept her open. I grew up across the Bay in Sandy Point. Hmmm. Idea.

Profile Email