Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hello from hull #106!

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 12:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Hello from hull #106!
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017 02:27 
Rail Meat

Howdy Folks,

I just bought a 1978 Tartan 37, hull #106, deep keel model. I'm the 5th owner. She's been named Teekay, Stratus Express, Gypsy Wagon and Lucky Girl. We're renaming here Cacoëthes (pronounced ca-coe-ee-thee-z). It means an irresistible urge to do something that you know is ill-advised. You know, like buying a 39 year old sailboat. Smile

I spent all weekend sanding 39 years of varnish off her teak bits. Over the next month or so I'll be replacing all of her running rigging, removing and replacing 30 year old instruments and replacing them with some new NMEA2000 hotness. New bottom paint, hull buffed and waxed. Named changed on the transom. And lots of new canvas (to cover the soon to be freshly varnished teak). New sails will need to wait a season or two as will standing rigging. We're super excited and have learned a ton from this site so thanks to everyone who's contributed.

She's moored in Edmonds, Washington on the Puget Sound. She's my first "big" boat and I'm relatively new to sailing but aspire to do some offshore stuff one day. As I understand it, I'm the fifth owner to aspire to take her outside the Puget Sound - I'm hoping to be the first to succeed.

I hope to see you on the water!

-M.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hello from hull #106!
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017 11:32 
Midshipman

Congratulations! Here's hoping you're the first! Cheers

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hello from hull #106!
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017 12:20 
Skipper

That deep keel with a new bottom and some new rags will be a very good sailing boat. Congrats on your purchase.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email