Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - t37 #231

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 19 Apr 2024 14:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: t37 #231
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006 12:12 
Midshipman

Hello all. I am the new owner of T37 #231 currently named Recollections. I moved her from Galesville, MD to Rock Hall, MD last weekend. Wow...she flew under just the 150% Genny in 15 to 22 knots. I was extremely impressed.

We are moving up from a Tartan 27, which is for sale now. So, I guess I own a big sister and little sister for the time being.

On the 37, the interior is in good shape but most of the systems are outdated. I have ordered a bunch of replacements and have a longer list to update and upgrade over the next few years.

I used the Tartan27owners site extensively when I was refitting my 27. I think the boat specific forums is a good resource and I plan to contribute to this one.

Fair Winds,
Craig Connolly

T37 #231

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: t37 #231
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006 14:45 
Senior Hull Holder

Craig,

Welcome. I'm John on hull #2 DEBRA and we are just across the bay on the Magothy. If you have any questions, please give me a call. I've only had mine a little less than a year. I may be over on your side of the bay tomorrow. There is an anchorage on the southern tip of Eastern Neck, if I head over that's where I'll be.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006 16:00 
Skipper

Glad you found us! (Our ranks swell!)
I did plenty of Chesapeake sailing while at USNA and lots of T37 time later in life, but sadly never together. (jealous)

Looking forward to hearing of the progress on #231.

FYI to all, you folks can attach pictures at will to any of your posts. That may come in handy for Project posts and maintenance questions. But it's welcome anytime. (just click "Add the file")

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006 19:43 
Skipper

T37sailor, john d, and others,

We own Hull #358, named "Windgeist". Currently we are at Oak Harbor Marina off Rock Creek in Pasadena. We often sail to both the Magothy and rock hall for short weekend trips. The Magothy is where we started sailing on a little 20' Buccaneer (shh...don't tell anyone). We would love to find a slip on the Magothy again but have been unable to find the right fit.

We just returned today from a great sail, likely our last of the season. Who would of thunk a 70 degree day in mid November...WOW what a way to end the year.

We have decided to keep the boat in the water over the winter and pull it for a quick power wash and some other minor stuff. I had to do a blister repair job this spring, didn?t get the boat in until July. Keep an eye on yours, mine was pretty significant.

Hope to see all the T37's next season and chatting on this awesome forum as we all go through sailing withdraw.

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email