Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New Tartan Owner

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 24 Apr 2024 00:38

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New Tartan Owner
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016 22:24 
Rail Meat

Hello, I purchased Hull #346 Imagine in June 2015. I found her sitting in a boat yard in Pensacola,FL. She had the unfortunate luck of having some water intrusion (sank in slip),but fortunately the slip wasn't very deep. I made an "as is" offer and just like that I became a Tartan 37 Owner.
Lucky for me there's this great web site where I could research practically every possible problem a Tartan 37 could have so it's not like I didn't know what I was in for. Thanks Tartan37.com!
We have spent 6 months in the yard working on the refit and repairs and launched her Feb 1 2016.
Now that she floats again we have turned our attention to the interior systems such as new wiring and plumbing. My wife removed practically every piece of interior wood that wasn't attached to the hull and has cleaned and refinished all of it. It is now waiting to go back onboard. (Our dinning room looks like a Tartan exploded in it.)
We are having a great time working on her and can't wait to get her back in the wind.
Thanks again Tartan owners and Tartan37.com

Hull #346 IMAGINE
Gulf Breeze,FL

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New Tartan Owner
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 17:13 
Skipper

Congratulations, mine also sank around 1990, luckily in a very shallow berth in brackish water, I can still find the 'tide line' behind various furniture ,just a couple of inches over the floor.Looks like an early spring,early launch for us up north .

Hull #6

Profile Email