Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Ahoy to all from "Merry Dolphin".

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 16 Apr 2024 07:15

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: Ahoy to all from "Merry Dolphin".
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015 01:02 
Rail Meat

Hi, We are Fred and Jane Read and we just closed on a lovely T 37 cb. Formerly Phantom, she is now Merry Dolphin, hull # 413. Our thanks to Paul and Florence. We will treat her well and use her much! This is our 5th cruising boat and our first not to live aboard full time. We will be using her more for 1 to 3 month trips, and when we have her home in Washington NC for short trips. So we are not new to cruising but totally new the the T37, and never owned a board boat. NC has some skinny waters and although we sailed extensibly through the Bahamas in our Kelly Peterson 44 with nearly a 7 ft draft, the T 37's 4.2 is going to be much more enjoyable!

Have enjoyed the forum and T 37 website and have gleaned much. It is really nice to have such an active group of owners. Lots of information there but i'm sure that you will be hearing from me with questions and needed information. Likewise, although I don't have any experience with the T 37 yet, We do have extensive cruising experience and will help with info any way I can. We have cruised much of the US E coast, Caribbean, Panama, the Pacific, Mexico and Californian waters. We ran dive/sail charters in the E Caribbean for 7 yrs. so some of you may have seen us (or heard us on the SSB nets) when you were in that area. As mentioned this boat is also named Merry Dolphin.

We will be in S FL and (if we get enough of our outfitting work done), in the Bahamas this winter. Then N to NC in the Spring.

Please hail us anytime, Fair Winds, Fred and Jane

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Ahoy to all from "Merry Dolphin".
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2015 13:14 
Skipper

Welcome to the group and we may see you in the Bahamas this year!

Richard

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Ahoy to all from "Merry Dolphin".
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2015 09:04 
Skipper

Welcome to the board, we're in Norfolk and just retired. Also planning to go south and over to the Bahamas this winter. Maybe start heading down mid Oct, while In South Fla will be in Ft Lauderdale. I also have a base there (family). I cruised the Bahamas a few times years ago (35). Looking like a Tartan rally down south. We had our boat for 22 years.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email