Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - New Here!

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Mar 2024 03:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please mention if you're in the Association or PM Down2TheC.

Post subject: New Here!
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014 13:30 
Midshipman

My father-in-law and myself have sold our Ericson 27 and acquired a Tartan 37 Hull#4 (currently named "Skybird").
She is a project boat, but is quite usable in her current form despite the squishy decks.
Timing and resources are not in our favor, so after her October delivery from Maryland, we promptly shored her up on a newly acquired cradle, winterized her, and covered her up. sad
There are quite a few things we want to do with her, but one objective is to make sure she is safe and capable of sailing from her new home in Toledo, Ohio to destinations north such as Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
The second objective is not to loose too much of any single season on restoration projects.
Right now we are going through and replacing all shrouds, and checking the condition of all the sails.
This spring could see a new roller furling headsail system, and some sort of Mainsail management system installed over the summer.
Hope to get all lines lead aft for safe sailing from the cockpit.
And it seems we need to find a holding tank and re-plumb all the plumbing. (anyone have dimensions of the Vee-berth space the tank fits in??)
The W40 seems to run well, though we have not had her in the water to put it through its paces.
WE are excited to upgrade to such a fine boat.

Attachments:
File comment: Half the sleepy town of Point Place was rubbing their eyes in disbelief as the old Tartan made its way to its new home.
66085_10204381984763111_3675822566117322405_n.jpg
66085_10204381984763111_3675822566117322405_n.jpg [ 60.74 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: New Here!
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014 14:12 
Skipper

Congratulations!
I hope you find her to be as much fun to sail as I do!
There are a lot of good ideas found here as well as support. There's a T-37 who has a website that covers the holding tank upgrade found here:
http://windchimetimes.us/
Go to the "Photos" link, then to "Boat Projects"

This is a project I am getting ready to tackle myself...............
Cheers,
Tom

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014 17:13 
Rail Meat

Congrats - I hope to be about a year behind you?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2014 14:53 
Skipper

I had my holding tank replaced by a yard (so don't know the dimensions) this year due to a cracked fitting. Kracor tank 2040 is an exact replacement. Its on page 27. http://www.kracor.com/support/holdingtanks.pdf

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2014 18:40 
Midshipman

Zdunc - Thanks for the link to the Kracor info. Was your tank fitted under the port-side section of the V-berth? I was thinking the tank would fit in the center of the front section of the v-berth but that looks like a side tank. My boats covered up now or I would go measure everything.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014 11:13 
Skipper

Yes. Port side protruding into hanging locker. From my understanding, this is the original position. Others on the board have moved it to the center and went larger. I chose to keep original size and location. Mostly just my wife and I aboard plus added a macerator so the small size not really an issue for me.

Profile Email