Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Belt Driven Generator???

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 19:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Belt Driven Generator???
PostPosted: 25 May 2012 08:50 
Rail Meat

Is anyone familiar with a belt driven generator that may have been an option on the W-40. When I bought my 1978 T-37 the PO handed me a heavy square box called a Volt Master that was hooked up at one point. I was able to have the generator repaired, and I see where the house 110 wiring was disconected in the engine compartment, but for the life of me, I do not see where this 8"x8"x8", 30lb box, with a pully sticking out of one end was mounted. Has anyone else ever seen one of these mounted on the engine of a T-37?? It says it is 3000 watts@ 2600rpm. This would be a great luxury if I could get it mounted!!

Thanks,
Jeff
Bright Moments #108

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Belt Driven Generator???
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 20:15 
Midshipman

Jeff,
I discovered a second set of 110 V/AC wires that were cut and stuffed into the recesses of my starboard locker/lazarette. I almost made the mistake of assuming it was not attached to anything, but fortunately did not. It was joined with the shore power wires near the plug. I have been meaning to remove it, but now wonder if this was part of the same rig you are talking about. I have a shelf where a now disfunctional Grunert compressor is mounted...waiting to be removed. Do you have a similar shelf with room for that box there? If so, that could be where it was. Sorry this response was more conjecture than answer. Good luck.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Belt Driven Generator???
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012 15:18 
Rail Meat

Hello Scott,

I can't find any indication of this generator ever being mounted, and I have not come up with a viable location. Thanks for your reply, and I will let you know if I come up with anything.
Thanks,
Jeff C.

Profile Email