Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - storage space

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 23 Apr 2024 17:42

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: storage space
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2007 06:43 
Skipper

Another potential on the "to do" list is building drawers for the space under the V berth below where the filler piece is between the two halves of the V. This would take the place of the basin that forms a step when the filler panel is not used. We always use the filler.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 12:32 
Skipper

In the hanging locker (closer to midship) I use one of these http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... r=00075726 from IKEA. (Linnan organizer) There are 2 models, the smaller one fits right in with 6 drawers (you buy the drawers seperately). I have controls for the A/C in the same locker so I don't have a lot of room and this works out good for extra storage. If you have the full area to may be able to use the bigger unit.

Richard

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 10 May 2007 23:11 
Skipper

I made up some storage boxes last year out of 1/4" plywood which I epoxied over to strengthen them. It was a bit of work to measure proper to get angle both fore/aft and up/down correct, thus the crazy angles. I have "U" shaped brackets so that I can adjust the spacers. Seems to work as I can pack a lot of stuff in them.

Richard

Attachments:
boat 018.jpg
boat 018.jpg [ 838.28 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
boat 011.jpg
boat 011.jpg [ 882.25 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
boat 007.jpg
boat 007.jpg [ 827.6 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 11 May 2007 08:45 
Skipper

Berwick, Nice job! I have those plastic containers with the lids in that spot, but having the dividers makes it nice for organization. Do you keep spares or do you use this space for provisions? I keep provsions in these lockers.

Last edited by Tortuga's Lie on 25 Sep 2013 06:06, edited 1 time in total

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 11 May 2007 12:01 
Skipper

I use these spots for spares, underneath the boxes I keep big spares (prop etc) and hoses of various sizes. Not shown is one more custom box in the front of those where I keep the drill etc in.

Richard

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 12 May 2007 21:09 
Skipper

Tortuga's Lie wrote:
Another potential on the "to do" list is building drawers for the space under the V berth below where the filler piece is between the two halves of the V. This would take the place of the basin that forms a step when the filler panel is not used. We always use the filler.

I think I have some measurements for that, I believe the PO did it. I'll check next time down and copy them here.

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 16 May 2007 14:45 
Midshipman

I have a use for that little space under the nav table. I can fit 14 12-packs in that space without trying too hard.

Just put four 12-packs front to back in two rows on the bottom, and the two rows of thre on top of that. More can be stuffed in if you try. I can't think of a better use for the space.

Jerry
JAMMIN' #226

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 16 May 2007 16:00 
Skipper

jammin wrote:
I have a use for that little space under the nav table. I can fit 14 12-packs in that space without trying too hard.

Just put four 12-packs front to back in two rows on the bottom, and the two rows of thre on top of that. More can be stuffed in if you try. I can't think of a better use for the space.

Jerry
JAMMIN' #226

Spoken like a true drinking man with a sailing habit.
Mmm Beer Cheers Splice

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012 08:37 
Able Bodied Seaman

Hello all,
I did use the space under the chart table to house a battery charger and have some place left for an inverter. Had to cut an access hatch in the chart table to be able to install the stuff.

Attachments:
File comment: Charger under the chart table
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG [ 727.7 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
File comment: Access hatch made in chart table
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG [ 664.8 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Hull #162
YCQ, Qu?bec City, QC, Canada

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013 05:24 
Midshipman

JDLanglais wrote:
Hello all,
I did use the space under the chart table to house a battery charger and have some place left for an inverter. Had to cut an access hatch in the chart table to be able to install the stuff.

Excellent idea. I am stewing over my charger. Original was under seat at nav station, and I put a Charles 30 amp across the access hole to the space under the area (thought the open back would be cooler). But it's a bad spot. Im going to switch to a 60amp charles and thats a good spot, other than not much circulation. I'm thinking of cutting an access door at the foot of the quarter berth. The space behind is empty and I could mount the charger just outside (Under the port cockpit seat).

So if I do that, I'll cut that access under the nav table for other things....

Profile Email