Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Yikes! Rudder out of water another 3 or 4 inches

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 18 Apr 2024 01:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Yikes! Rudder out of water another 3 or 4 inches
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2022 21:26 
Rail Meat

Lunacy 198 wrote:
Sweet is right. If the file from Tartan has interesting info on your hull # please post if you don't mind. I'd be curious to see what kind of data they kept on each boat.

He did dig out the file but said it was too big to scan everything. He sent me the original invoice for the sale - as new $65K in 1980. Also included several work orders/ invoices for repairs and upgrades such as Harken mainsheet traveller. Interesting that the staysail system wasn't original but added two years after purchase ($526). The PO apparently had all repairs and upgrades done by Tartan. He did say that there was nothing to indicate any kind of custom racer edition, strictly a stock build with some upgrades. He also noted that in regard to the amount of rudder above the waterline "Looking at the T37 lines drawing, if she is floating on her designed waterline (DWL), there would be 5-7” of rudder showing". Hmmm.

I've forwarded several specific questions to him; but, am still waiting for a reply.

Cheers,
Rado37

Profile Email