Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - canvas winter cover

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 13:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: canvas winter cover
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2007 11:33 
Navigator

Hello, does anyone know a supplier or have ideas for a canvas winter cover? I prefer to avoid the cost of a canvas shop making trips out to the boat to measure and fit. ie. a custom one, wish to order something that has been built before. I recall there was a canvas company in maine or new hampshire that built some for the t37. thanks carl sutherland

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: canvas winter cover
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2007 19:44 
Able Bodied Seaman

http://www.fairclough.com/

Dear Carl,

I have known other boat owners to say very nice things about the covers this company makes. I see them from time to time in yards in New England and they can be used for inwater boat storage after a small modification to the cover.

Sam

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: canvas winter cover
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007 16:51 
Able Bodied Seaman

A Sunbrella winter cover is a big ticket item. Here is an alternative. Get yourself a Sailrite catalog. They sell sewing machines and materials/supplies and have DVDs on various projects. I would like to report that I have a new winter cover; but, not that far along yet.

I bought a machine almost a year ago and have tackled small projects. I have a lot of canvas articles on my boat and finally got burned out on canvas shop charges. The last straw was a $3500 dodger re-build. My logic is that everything is engineered to my satisfaction now and I will have to only duplicate old work in future projects.

Profile Email