Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - V-berth water tank

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Mar 2024 04:37

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: V-berth water tank
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2020 10:49 
Navigator

The starboard water tank in our boat has numerous problems: cracks and leaks and accumulations of inadequate silicone "repairs." We've also read the threads here about how the water tanks aren't really the 90 gallons we thought we were buying. And how the boat needs more weight to starboard to balance out the list to port.

So we're planning to install a couple of Vetus flexible water tanks (2x of the 55 liter size) on the starboard side under the V-berth. That will give us some water while we figure out what we want to do about replacing or repairing the main starboard water tank.

Has anyone put water tanks under the V berth? Anybody think it's any especially good or bad idea?

Thanks.
Mike

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: V-berth water tank
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2020 11:24 
Skipper

I thought about it, but these boats tend to sit a little bow down anyway. And I went light on the 5/16" chain (150' with 100' rode) because of that. I'd save the vee for lighter storage. Someone smarter than me could figure out a way to connect port and starboard tanks under cruising load and raise one or the other so they'd equalize. I may have all summer to do that if we don't get it done and bust off in May. Too many projects between house and lobster boat.

Profile Email