Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Cockpit table and side boarding ladder

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 26 Apr 2024 17:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cockpit table and side boarding ladder
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007 22:25 
Rail Meat

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a cockpit table and a side boarding, foldable ladder? I want both to fit well on a T37.

On the cockpit table, I'm looking for something nice in teak that will fold out of the way toward the pedestal when it's not in use. Maybe with an integrated drink holder. On the ladder, I'm probably looking for a stainless model perhaps with small teak steps to spiff it up. Mounting on the outboard T track would make sense.

Thanks in advance!

Tranquility #279

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cockpit table and side boarding ladder
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007 05:40 
Skipper

The side boarding ladder was mentioned in the Stern Rail Split thread.

I'll have to ask where our table came from. (The Skipper put that on while I was still in endentured servitude to Uncle Sam.) I'll snap a pic or two today. I'm sure it could be copied fairly easily if you like the setup.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cockpit table and side boarding ladder
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2007 16:02 
Midshipman

I also been considering ladder alternatives. My stern ladder is so short when extended that the bottom step is less than a foot under water. I usually get my knee on the bottom step and then pull up from there. Unfortunately, a longer ladder would extend above the stern rail when raised. I looked at side boarding ladders, but didn't find anything I liked within my budget. Ultimately decided to buy a C-Level "step up" for $44.99 from Defender. Although its only one step, it attaches easily to the bottom step of the stern ladder, and I can use it for getting off and on the T37 from the shore (when the bow is beached) or from a dinghy. Jay.

Profile Email