Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Cabin and galley finger latch replacements

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 17:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cabin and galley finger latch replacements
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 18:58 
Midshipman

Anyone have suggestions or suggested replacements for replacing the finger latches used throughout in the cabin and galley? Would like something safer for fingers Smile

#66 Splash

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cabin and galley finger latch replacements
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019 09:07 
Skipper

Some of the new boats are fitted with push button latches, but I do not see how you would retrofit them. And the location of these lockers behind cushions further complicates things. Finding something that has a positive lock and, at the same time does not risk your fingers in a lurch seems like a lot to ask. I have not seen a good alternative and have not really had a big problem with the arrangement in my 24 years of ownership and a lot of miles. But I understand your concern.
Ray Durkee
T37 #373

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019 15:55 
Skipper

I get a little irritated every time I go at one of those, but I've been doing it for 40 years, so I guess I've got no answers. I DO however, wonder occasionally whether anyone has put piano hinges on some of the salon cabinetry. I just don't like the doors coming out. They don't seem like they'd loose in a seaway, but I like things tight, unable to shake free. I've only been knocked 90 a couple of times, but what a mess. I'm getting the flush fittings to secure the cabin sole bilge boards down as well.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2019 12:27 
Midshipman

Ah, the only other T-37 I've been aboard had the push button style. Just assumed that was aftermarket since hull number was close.

#66 Splash

Profile Email