Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hooligan Refit - A Few Additional Items

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 14:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hooligan Refit - A Few Additional Items
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019 22:02 
Able Bodied Seaman

Here are a few additional things I have done as part of the on-going re-fit of my 1982 T37:
Light in engine compartment - Installed a 6" LED day (white) / night (red) light above the engine. Wired it direct to the house bank so it is available at all times vs thru the electrical switch panel.
Cockpit locker flat base - After trying to change oil while constantly sliding down the inside of the hull, I installed a removable base that is level with the bottom of the stb engine access door. This provides about 18" forward by 42" long triangle to sit on. It is covered it with a rubber door mat material cut to shape - one of the best small modifications I have made to the boat.
Cockpit night lights - Installed night (red) LED low light fixtures on side of the main cockpit locker and front of aft locker. These work great when a little additional light is needed in the cockpit at night. (note: they are only about 2" L x 1" W, so are bit hard to see in the photo).
Dodger handles - Added a handle on both sides of the dodger to help coming and going from cockpit. Purchased std handles and attached by thru drilling the dodger rear support and using bolts from inside the dodger directly to the handles.
Removable ladder - A stern ladder didn't work for me due to transom shape and I installed stern mounted davits. I used a ladder which is mounted in the stb lifeline gate using 2 slip-in fixtures. Works great..... just make sure you secure the ladder while you are in the water and remember to remove it when you get underway.

Tom Lindsay
Hooligan #370

Attachments:
Day Night light above engine.JPG
Day Night light above engine.JPG [ 758.39 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Cockpit Locker Base.JPG
Cockpit Locker Base.JPG [ 528.12 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Cock Pit Locker - Finished with Rubber Mat.JPG
Cock Pit Locker - Finished with Rubber Mat.JPG [ 540.06 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Cockpit Red Night-Lights.JPG
Cockpit Red Night-Lights.JPG [ 460.73 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Dodger Frame Handle.JPG
Dodger Frame Handle.JPG [ 702.82 KB | Viewed 0 times ]
Stb Lifeline Gate Ladder Installed.JPG
Stb Lifeline Gate Ladder Installed.JPG [ 643.06 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hooligan Refit - A Few Additional Items
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 12:58 
Skipper

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Now if I could only focus on one thing and the temperatures would stay above the single digits. I am going to have a stainless connecting tube welded in the center of the pulpit or a couple port and stbd aft of the curve so its a little more solid. Kinda flimsy as it is. I want to be able to hang a Fortress on it. Hey, has anyone got a source for the nice , 2" tube with teak platform and dolphin striker bracing I've seen on a couple of boats?

Profile Email