Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Installing a mid rail chock

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Mar 2024 04:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Installing a mid rail chock
PostPosted: 11 May 2007 15:46 
Able Bodied Seaman

How long ago did you by the chocks, I would like to do the same thing but didn't know where to get them. Is White Water still in business and do you have their email or hard copy address. What was the cost of the chocks" I had been considering a cleat on the toe rail but didn't think it would be strong enough. Also thought about a cleat that slides on the T track for the outboard sheet lead but this is not really far enough astern for a good spring line. I agree on getting the correct angle as I had to repair a leak in the hull to deck seam and several of the hex head bolts had be replaced with screw heads that wouldn't come out. Had to cut these bolts and then redrill adjacent to install new bolts. Didn't get the angle right on one and came out the side of the hull.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 12 May 2007 21:05 
Skipper

I just saw two at Bacon & Associates in Annaplois...give em a call. Thye are in "new" condition, and the price reflected that Snicker

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 May 2007 08:31 
Grinder

Hi Steves,

I purchases my chocks about 2 or 3 years ago from Whitewater Marine before Barry sold his business. I think they may still have the drawings etc. and could probably make up a set of chocks. If you look at the Tartan web site, they also list some mid rail chocks in the parts area https://www.tartanparts.com/product/product_view.aspx?UID=5B4324C6-1973-489F-9030-0E83E8CECDEE.

Mark

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 14 May 2007 06:06 
Skipper

I installed mine about four years ago. I bought the chocks directly from Tartan. Just call up the number on the web site and ask for the parts manager. I don't remember how much I paid though. Tom

Profile Email