Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Auto pilot update

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 11:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Auto pilot update
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017 13:08 
Grinder

A little over two years ago I installed the Evolution series Raymarine autopilot but this year it has been giving me fits, steers like a drunken sailor, autotack does not work properly. All of this appears to be linked to the interfaced ST60 speed sensor in conjunction with out of date software in the various autopilot components. They have corrected this issue with updated software but, Raymarine in their infinite wisdom did not provide in the autopilot per say a means to update the software other that through one of their Multifunction Displays (MFD) units. Since I don't have an MFD on my boat I need to either send it back to Raymarine or find a local dealer who can do this.
Well there is the rub, no dealer in the Annapolis area has an MFD that they can use to do this and if a send it off to Raymarine I am going to have to remove the components and it is going to cost me $360 plus shipping both ways, which to my mind is a ripoff since it is their buggy software that is the problem.

This brings me to my reason for writing this forum. Does anyone in the general upper chesapeake area have a MDF that I can "borrow" for a day so that I can connect it into my system to update the software. It has to be one of these: a/c/e/gS Series; eS Series; A/E/C wide/E wide/ G Classic series.

T37 #31
Abraxas

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Auto pilot update
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017 01:49 
Able Bodied Seaman

Ray, Perhaps RayMarine has a MFU they can loan you with a deposit and perhaps small fee? I know when we purchase new portals the manufacturers sometimes loan their templates for sizing and cutting. Good Luck.
Timoko
Tartan 37 Hull #135
Farallon Flyer
San Francisco

San Francisco Bay

Profile Email