Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Sailboat Covers and Boom Tents

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 09:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sailboat Covers and Boom Tents
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 16:15 
Able Bodied Seaman

We are having trouble finding a full length deck cover for our Tartan 37. Sitting exposed in the full sun is hard on the boat and systems, I need something to keep the decks shaded, clean and dry while she's docked and on the hard. We have not been able to find anything online and it looks like we'll need to have something fabricated, most likely at least two sections to make it easier to handle and store. Boom tents are great but we're looking for something larger that will cover and protect entire topsides. If you have covers can you share your photos, patterns and designs that were successful and anything you learned in the process? Any sources you used? I'm in San Francisco Bay area. Thanks. Timoko

San Francisco Bay

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Sailboat Covers and Boom Tents
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 17:25 
Skipper

I had one made for my trip through Central America that covers everything up to the mast. I do not have a picture of it. It is in Maine where I do not need it. I had it made by Hogin Sails. It is not elegant but worked to keep the boat cool in the Tropics. I think I would sell it really cheap if you wanted it and would pay to have it shipped. I might be convinced to put it on my boat to take a picture. Not sure if it would meet your needs. I had a pole attached horizontally to the backstay that attached to the radar pole to form the aft of it over the cockpit.
Ray Durkee
T37 #373

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Sailboat Covers and Boom Tents
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017 21:12 
Able Bodied Seaman

yes, i'm interested, function is more important than looks, main goal is to keep decks protected from sun and rain. if u can send any photos or description, type fabric, would be great, or even a rough sketch. thank you. timoko

San Francisco Bay

Profile Email