Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Brightening Main Cabin

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 19 Apr 2024 11:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brightening Main Cabin
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014 13:54 
Midshipman

I am thinking about a number of ways to brighten up the main cabin. Being below on dark dreary days, I fear, is not good for my soul. I know from reading various posts that some folks have painted the area around the port lights. Others, when replacing the ports, have installed larger ones for the 2 aft ports. I would be curious to hear how much of a difference those changes made. Also, has anyone replaced the hatch in the main cabin with a larger one?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Brightening Main Cabin
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014 18:28 
Skipper

I'm sure enough in agreement on this issue. The inboard surfaces of the cabin trunk is a start: I guess the thing to do is to paint these surfaces & then proceed if more brightness is desired. Happy thanksgiving to all.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Brightening Main Cabin
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2014 07:51 
Skipper

My boat was the standard oiled teak surface that I think all of ours were but many years ago, I sanded everything down then varnished the teak using gloss. This made everything much brighter and kept that warm feel of the teak. It also made the boat look much newer and more refined. Today, if I were to choose between the Herreshoff (white with teak trim) or the gloss teak that I did, I would choose the gloss teak. Just my opinion, but then again I love wood.........
Attachment:
IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg [ 3.58 MB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email