Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Morse throttle push pull cable

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 03 May 2024 14:01

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Morse throttle push pull cable
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015 04:34 
Skipper

Can anyone who has replaced their morse throttle cable tell me where you got it and model / length that you ordered ? AND how difficult was it to replace ?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Morse throttle push pull cable
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015 00:12 
Rail Meat

I had my clutch cable replaced. That experience might translate for you. The mechanic removed the old cable and took it to a supply store to match up. End fittings are important as well as diameter and length.

Installing the cable is tricky. Edson has advice on line about threading the cables throught the binnacles past the chain sprocket. The fasteners that restrain the cable at the top are held in place by a cotter pin. difficult to get to. I had to replace the too small cotter pin and used some thread to reposition the clip inside the binnacle so it could be fastened from the outside with a bolt.

Removing the compass to expose the cable ends was not too difficult but due to corrosion I had to retap a couple of holes. Remember to mark the compass position with index lines. There will be a couple of degrees of play. Use Tef-Gel when reinstalling the SS bolts.

Engine controls are SAFETY CRITICAL. If you are not comfortable replacing them, you might consider getting assistance. I learned the hard way that a loose cable restraint can ruin your day.

S/V Kristina T37 CB #368
Rose Valley Pa
484 574 9576
[url]jimaudley@aol.com
[/url]susanandjim.com

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Morse throttle push pull cable
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2015 06:18 
Skipper

I've had my pedestal apart several times, no worries there. I just need info on what model push/pull cable and length if anyone has done the replacement job themselves.

Profile Email