Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Source for stanchion bases?

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 16 May 2024 03:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Source for stanchion bases?
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2013 10:25 
Rail Meat

We are in the midst of a major refit of our good ol' T37C and would like to replace 4 cracked stanchion bases.

Unfortunately, the compatible part is not available directly from Tartan. Have any of you good folks found a reasonable replacement part without having to go to a stainless fabricator?

The RigRite SB 36-H2-x series looks promising as does the SB 36-HD2-x. They come in 0 deg., 2 deg., 5 deg. and 6 degree angles.

Has anyone seen these up close in real life? Are they indeed a good-fit to replace some of our existing bases? What is the angle on the existing ones?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Eriks
sv Wild Jasmine
Toronto

T37 K/CB #258

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Source for stanchion bases?
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013 10:27 
Midshipman

It is my understanding that White Water Marine in Port Huron, MI bought the rights from Joe Palmer many years ago to carry Tartan Parts. I believe the company was sold to new management, but they still exist and sell stanchions and bases. Note there is more than one "White Water Marine" but this one's in Port Huron.

Go to: http://www.whitewatermarineinc.com/contact.html

Celtic Lady, Hull #315
Muskegon, MI

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Source for stanchion bases?
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013 19:27 
Rail Meat

Celtic Lady, thanks very much for the follow-up.

For any who would like to know...

I struck-out at RigRite. Their heavy-duty bases look very attractive but those are only available with 0 degrees and 6 degrees angles. It turns out that the original T37 bases are 3 to 4 degrees. When I called this week, RigRite was sold out of the SD 36-HD2's with no known date for re-stocking.

I contacted my friendly/favourite stainless fabricator, Doug at Klacko Marine, and he estimates that he can custom build 4 new bases for about 50% of the price that I would pay for parts and shipping from the U.S. I have placed my order with Doug.

I have no interest in Klacko other than being a satisfied customer. Their website is here: http://www.klackomarine.com/

Eriks

T37 K/CB #258

Profile Email