Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Is this even attached to anything?!?!

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 09:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this even attached to anything?!?!
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012 21:30 
Midshipman

After a weekend working on the multiple simulataneous projects, I had not one, not two, but THREE occasions to remove something that was attached to nothing. One was an old antenna for...something. Another was a 10 foot section of wire that used to power...something. I think the last one was an old shower sump float switch that was activated by air pressure. It is very gratifying figuring out how things work. Even better reducing clutter and streamlining systems!

BUT...I got the shower rebuilt shower sump all wired up and replaced the cabin lamps. I also cleaned Kiwi up so she doesn't look like such a project boat.

Has anyone else experienced the joy of discoving something attached to nothing?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Is this even attached to anything?!?!
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012 13:34 
Skipper

Oh yes...I have pulled what seems to be miles of hose and wires leading to nothing? I still have antenes on the stern attached to nothing, I think one used to be a cell phone antena? LOL

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012 21:10 
Midshipman

The old antenna that wasn't attached to anything was mounted on the stern rail. I'm looking at some of the pictures I have taken through the phases of maintenance and identified another candidate for removal. I spotted the old coax cable that used to connect the old VHF radio to the masthead antenna. It is gone as soon as I get back to the marina. I've been studying pictures of the guts inside my DC circuit panel at the nav station to see if anything reveals itself.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012 13:14 
Skipper

I've got one of those on my list this year. Rather I intent to prevent one. We still have the bracket and wiring for LORAN C but the system went cold and dark for the great lakes last year. So I vowed to not carry that antenna mount and cable this upcoming season.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012 13:21 
Skipper

There's an old depth transducer wire hanging around...then there's the old power cable for the fresh water pump that I re-located a couple of years ago but left the wire in place since it could be useful for supplying 12 volts to some-yet-to-be-determined device....of course, it is disconnected at the panel and labeled as such

Profile Email