Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Battery Charger & Bilge Pump Problem

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 06:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battery Charger & Bilge Pump Problem
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006 22:47 
Midshipman

I have a 1981 T37 and pretty sure the battery charger is whatever came with the boat. I used to know the make and model but it's 100 miles from my home so can't go out and check it. It has been working fine for the 9 years I owned the boat. This winter, when I hauled it for the winter, I ran the bilge pump to pump the pink antifreeze through it. I plugged the shorepower into the socket on the building and headed home. A few weeks later, I returned to do a little work and found that the bilge pump would not work (always has), and that the small red light on the charger that is usually bright red, was just a little occasional flicker. The meter on the nav table says the batteries are up good, and now I'm wondering if the red light only glows when the batteries are low and the system is charging. I did buy a new extension cord that runs from the adapter at the shorepower socket on the combing and plugs to the 110v on the building. The 110v plug-in electric heater on the boat works fine so I'm apparently getting juice. Any ideas?? I'm not sure the bilge pump and shore power issue are related. Outside temps are above freezing and as I said, I winterized it anyway. Thanks for any insight.

Mark

T37 #315, Celtic Lady
Muskegon, MI

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Battery Charger & Bilge Pump Problem
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006 08:34 
Skipper

Is there an in-line fuse to the bilge pump? Mine has one, and if the charger over-charged the batteries, it's possible that the inline fuse blew.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Battery Charger & Bilge Pump Problem
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2006 17:28 
Midshipman

Mark, I have a Heart Interface EMS 1800 Inverter/Charger. Red light indicates high amp charging. Jay

Profile Email