Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - LED cabin lights

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Apr 2024 03:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LED cabin lights
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006 17:21 
Rail Meat

Jay,
I have a pair of lifeline 4d's that i located on a tray centerline behind the engine...with full fuel and no water in the tanks i still have a list to port. It balances out nicely with a bit of water in the starboard tank. FWIW

taft
noname #328

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2007 16:17 
Midshipman

I decided to replace the two Lifeline AGM 8D house batteries with four Trojan lead acid T-105s. The Heart EMS 1800 is not designed for AGMs and was cooking them with 14 plus volts during the bulk charge phase. I also replaced the battery switch with a Blue Sea 5511E switch and SI ACR relay and added a Xantrex XBM battery monitor. The engine start battery is a Trojan 27TM. Jay.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008 12:23 
Able Bodied Seaman

Hello All,

Speaking of led lighting...

Last spring, I did upgrade my cabin lighting in Nemea (formerly Spindrift, hull # 162).
I was concerned with the poor lighting in the galley (two dome ligths) and the current needed by all those incandescent lignts when we are on board (one amp / each fixture)was another point.

First I was to replace those dome lamps with fluorescent lights but this solution would imply to replace old fixtures and the light would not be as warm as the incandescent bulbs. Also it would reduce current consumption by only half the original lighting.

Cheap led bulbs made by ABI were no solution either, OK for current consumption but light is poor and cold and performance was far from conventionnal 10 w bulbs.

So I made some search and found theese Sensibulb LED modules, and ordered few for testing.

They are far brighter than the filament bulbs that were fitted previously. Almost as bright as halgen 10W bulbs. but they generate very little heat and the lignt is warm white. Only 160 milliamp per module.

Also, they fit into the original dome lights that I have and overall I am totally satisfied with them. So I did replace all other incandescent bulbs by theese and after one season none of them failed.

My only negative point is the flimsy mounting system (wich is only a concern when mounting the module in the overhead reading lamps). I have to check the modules once a while to push them back in the lamp sockets.

Since they emit very little heat; I will consider making plastic transparent discs and fit them over the modules il those reading lamps to retain them in place and protect them from curious fingers.

I bought mines at Defender's store (by the web). You have to order the bayonett adapter separately also (only two bucks by adapter) if you have the old original lighting fixtures.

Time will tell if theese modules are durable.

Good luck all !

Hull #162
YCQ, Qu?bec City, QC, Canada

Profile Email