Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Nav station surface

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 29 Apr 2024 10:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nav station surface
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008 11:32 
Rail Meat

Hello,

Owner of hull #222 for over twenty years. Looking for a replacement of the nav station top surface. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can get one? I would prefer to replace rather than have the teak vanier resurfaced.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Nav station surface
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 20:41 
Midshipman

I don't have a spare but a previous owner of mine cut a clear piece of 1/16 or 3/32 plexiglass to fit. It covers the surface nicely and is held in by the fiddles at the side and front edge, the cabinet to port of the nav table, and ends at the hinges. If you can't find a replacement perhaps you could find some similar smoked plexiglass that would hide any imperfections in the surface.

T37 #315, Celtic Lady
Muskegon, MI

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Nav station surface
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009 01:45 
Rail Meat

When we built our boat in England, yes the English version of the T37, we had the yard put a plexiglass surface over the teak. This has stood up well although it has a few scratches but the teak underneath is like new. This is especially good for navigating as the surface is hard, no pencil/pen print through to the teak and no holes from the dividers.
So far in the last year we have repowered, Volvo D2-40, new headlining, new Navnet3d, new instruments Furuno, new autopilot Comnav,new stove Force 10, new fridge, new water system with Seagull filter and now just making a engine driven watermaker - 60 gph.

Profile Email