Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Cabin Sole Repairs

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 09:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cabin Sole Repairs
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2024 18:29 
Rail Meat

Like many T37s, in Miranda there is about a 5 sf area in the cabin sole teak laminate outside of the head that has cracked and buckled due to water leaking from the base of the mast over the years. I am finally getting around to repairing the cabin sole and am curious what materials others have used to repair the damaged teak laminate (including synthetic flooring), and any tips you may have about how to do this project. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cabin Sole Repairs
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024 20:43 
Rail Meat

Not sure if this helps but I replaced the sole on my dad's T30 with Ameriteak, a synthetic "teak" that comes in a roll and can be cut pretty easily. The floor on the T30 has a fiberglass pan though and the original teak flooring was recessed into the pan so the job was pretty easy. I've been poking around our cabin sole on Silver Lining to get a feel for what a total replacement might look like... Seems like there's a lot to consider! I'll be curious to see what others have done

#314, Silver Lining

Profile Email