Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Original main sheet track removal and reinstall

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 06:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Original main sheet track removal and reinstall
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2023 16:24 
Tactictian

I know this isn't a new topic and probably covered here before. I am having trouble searching. I am on the hard in Florida and I am chasing down a trouble some leak in the aft port section of the cabin. I have both side headliners and the forward of the companionway removed. I have a couple of serious water egress points where the deck planes converge. I suspect that water is getting into the deck substrate and migrating back towards the cabin combing and aft bulkhead. I have rebedded the slide covers and winches and cleats but water is still dripping after days of rain suggesting water soaked ply. How is the main traveller track fastened other than the obvious four bolts on the out board teak towers? Are the remaing ones along the track machine bolts into tapped hole under the cabin hatch turtle? #337

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Original main sheet track removal and reinstall
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2023 21:05 
Skipper

First off, I don't know how the traveler is fastened down at the turtle.

However, my water ingress was from the dorades as the joint around the bottom inside of the dorade was cracked. We painted the inside of the dorades with white Flex Seal and YAY!! Dryness ensued!!

I hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2023 10:13 
Grinder

I concur on a possible leak from the dorades.

Search for dorades leaks for other posts on the subject.

Mark

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2023 16:42 
Tactictian

I did take the cover off and sure enough there was a half an in of water in the back end of the dorade house. The scuppers are a little high and could be elongated a little. I did take the time to scrape out a lot of the failing gelcoat and using a heat gun I dried it out. I epoxied a couple of cleats under the edge of the box to enable a screw to bare down in something other than 1/4" of glass. I will rebed the teak cover and flow some polyester into the bottom of the house to try and cover the bottom with a bit more of a seal. The six loose screws and the unbedded cover were less than stellar in the water proof department. It will all add up in the scheme of things. I think I need to rebed everything I can eventually. Thanks. #337

Profile Email