Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Lifeline Stanchion Base Question

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 17:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lifeline Stanchion Base Question
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2023 11:16 
Able Bodied Seaman

Good Day All,

You all know how this starts. I’m ready to replace my lifelines but upon closer inspection I see I have a few stanchion bases that need to be replaced. However, access, especially on starboard, appears to be above/behind the bulkhead/galley cabinets.

I saw that someone in 2010 cut holes in the top of the cabinet and then replaced that space with white formica. Has anyone tried another solution?

How nice it would be if I could simply remove the current bolts because the base/nuts were glassed below but I doubt that’s the case.

Thanks for whatever info you can share.

Jesse

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Lifeline Stanchion Base Question
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2023 17:06 
Skipper

On my '80, both the galley and salon cabinets have holes covered by 1/8" plywood. She came this way to me so I don't know if it is an owner modification. We used the galley holes when we did the rebed of the bases. We had the entire port side dismantled for hull repairs so we didn't use that side.

I don't recall clearly but I think the holes were like 4" and the plywood was 4.5" circles. maybe. sorta. Back at the boat in two weeks if you can wait.

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2023 20:36 
Rail Meat

Our '81 is the same as you Wayne. The stanchion above the pilot berth on ours is different though, it's a white twist off access port sorta thing

#314, Silver Lining

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2023 09:01 
Able Bodied Seaman

(“On my '80, both the galley and salon cabinets have holes covered by 1/8" plywood. She came this way to me so I don't know if it is an owner modification. We used the galley holes when we did the rebed of the bases. We had the entire port side dismantled for hull repairs so we didn't use that side.

I don't recall clearly but I think the holes were like 4" and the plywood was 4.5" circles. maybe. sorta. Back at the boat in two weeks if you can wait.”)

Hi Wayne. Yes, It’s unlikely this will be dealt with in the next couple of weeks but I’d love to see whatever pics you can share. Thanks.

Profile Email