Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - VANGIT! (Again) Garhauer Questions

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 21:03

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VANGIT! (Again) Garhauer Questions
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2021 11:44 
Skipper

I'm going to get a hard vang from Garhauer. The two models that fit are RV-20 1 SL and RV-20 1 DX. I know . . . someone has fitted a Garhauer vang on here. Can you fill me in? Garhauer doesn't provide any differentiating information between the two. The DX is more expensive.

I just called Garhauer and they answered quickly, but I couldn't get through to the right person. I'm a little nervous ordering because it just took over 3 weeks to get a simple 3 block deck organizer from them.

Oh, and if I didn't mention it before, Guido passed away in January. Quite a character.

I understand it has to be custom fitted, so I'll measure first, then measure again. Anyone got the weight of the boom offhand?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: VANGIT! (Again) Garhauer Questions
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021 18:58 
Skipper

The right guy is dead. I can't remember his name, but I think I remember him as Hans or something. Gruff but precise. I think he died last fall. He made a vang and a traveller for my T37 and both are great. i do not doubt that they have someone else there who can help. I would send a picture of mine but it is 20 years old and I think they have changed everything since then.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: VANGIT! (Again) Garhauer Questions
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021 20:40 
Skipper

Bought mine at the boat show. From the old guy (dad), at a stupid low price. Even the son said it was marked wrong. Seem they had a couple that would work. Think it was the RV20. The pics are so small, not certain.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email