Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - 120v AC wiring diagram and/or schematic.

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 16:33

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 120v AC wiring diagram and/or schematic.
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2019 16:42 
Skipper

I broke the volt meter on my system. Found a replacement, installed it but it doesn't work (no voltage at wires connecting to meter). The wires are numbered. I reinstalled them as designated.

I never got a wiring drawing or schematic with my boat. If someone has one I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Odyssey #191
Home Port: Osterville, MA

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: 120v AC wiring diagram and/or schematic.
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2019 20:00 
Skipper

Esprit did not come with an AC meter. If you bought the meter for the main breaker panel, it should be a DC meter. Possible that might be your problem. The meter should be connected to the feed wire from the battery switch. I know some of the newer boats had the AC circuit incorporated in the main panel but hull 324 still had the AC breakers in the quarter berth with no meters.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019 10:30 
Skipper

I have a separate AC panel at the nav station. I displays 120vac voltage, has a power switch, and polarity switch. I keep my boat on a mooring so I rarely use the AC system, and I'm not sure what the power switch controls. I thought it turned on the boat's 120vac system, but may have only turned on the charger. This is in addition to 2 AC switches in the aft quarter, 1 for the water heater and 1 for the boat's 120vac system.

Odyssey #191
Home Port: Osterville, MA

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019 19:32 
Skipper

I suspect you have a custom system. That being the case, I don’t think the stock wiring diagram will be of much, if any, help. I was pretty familiar with an earlier hull (51 or 52) and my hull 324 both had similar AC systems and they were both controlled from panels in the quarter berth. I am also familiar with hull 486 and that one has the the AC panel incorporated in the main panel at the nav station. If it were me, I would trace those wires before I relied on the system and make sure everything is sound. What you describe suggests the possibility of an open AC circuit somewhere in the cabinetry.

Profile Email