Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Name this appliance

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 13:08

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Name this appliance
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2019 15:50 
Skipper

I call it "brain in a bubble," but it isn't connected to anything, nothing goes thru the hull, and it appears sealed all the way around with caulk. It's rotated 90 degrees. The tank is port side forward.

Attachments:
File comment: O.K. Brain in a bubble. Any ideas? Some kind of odor eater?
Brain in a bubble.JPG
Brain in a bubble.JPG [ 81.81 KB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Name this appliance
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2019 13:37 
Skipper

Come onnnn! At least guess! Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2019 09:15 
Skipper

Yeah, there's nothing there. Just a brain in a bubble. No connection to anything. Looks like fiberglass insulation - just a wad of it. It's at the bottom of the list. I'm tearing off deck hardware and prepping to put the Newfound portlights in. Deck hardware was amazingly poorly bedded, but I think it might've all been redone at some point. Chainplate covers were just munged up with silicone sealant, completely covering them. I think all the chainplates were replaced. Everything looks fairly new. Sent off the bow rail for some work, add a vertical connector forward. It just seemed a bit floppy. I have the rudder pintle back, but Tartan is telling me I need a delrin washer at the top of the rudder on the post. None there, but it has zero slop or lift. The washer under the rudder bearing is stainless, they say delrin as well. I'm now wondering if I should have the pintle plate drilled and pinned laterally where the bearing pin goes through. Some show it (see "3 bolt" pintle) and some don't (see "4 bolt pintle"). Replacement skeg is due to arrive today. I need to get this done and this thing headed home to the Virgin Islands by the end of hurricane season. But its still too cold here in Maine to do anything but prep.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019 09:47 
Skipper

I'll take it out today. I hope there isn't any voodoo involved. I've got some Haitian friends. I'll ask. Skeg showed up on the doorstep yesterday. Surgery obviously required.

Profile Email