Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Starboard water tank replacement

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 04:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 Posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Starboard water tank replacement
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2023 05:56 
Tactictian

I'm in the middle of my starboard tank replacement project. Old tank out. Replacing some hoses while I'm in there. I replaced them all two years ago but my suction side hoses are all crapped up again. Getting the old tank out proved difficult for me. I bought a long screwdriver which was recommended but several of the screw heads were damaged and I ended up having to use an oscillating saw under the vertical panel and between the sole to saw them off. I also had to saw off other hose fittings to remove the tank including the tank suction elbow located on the front lower inboard corner and the unused tank suction fitting aft (the one that needs to fit in the hole drilled into the icebox bulkhead so that the tank fits.

I'm going to rebuild my old Par water pump before I put the new tank in. I'm also going to try adding some sound insulation on the panels around that pump because it's so loud. If I had the time I would start refinishing the cabin sole in this area because it's in really bad shape. Also going to take the opportunity to varnish the teak ply that was removed.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Starboard water tank replacement
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2023 16:48 
Rail Meat

Does anyone have advice on replacing the expanding foam under the starboard tank? Is there a correct procedure? I have a new tank, but the foam was not salvageable when I pulled the old tank.

Hull #148

Profile Email  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 Posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6