Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Need help with Nav drawer frame

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 03:36

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with Nav drawer frame
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018 04:54 
Able Bodied Seaman

Restoring the nav station, prior owner cut out drawers, installed an ice maker. Would it be possible for anyone to post a picture or pictures of the frame structure? Take out your drawers, picture of how Tartan built the interior. I have he drawers and sliders. Have an idea how it was done but want to be sure. Thank you!

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Need help with Nav drawer frame
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018 14:14 
Skipper

An ice maker? Sacrilege! Those drawers are quite useful. If I were starting from scratch in building those, I’d use ball bearing draw slides. Might change the configuration as well, with a various heights of the draws from top to bottom.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018 21:19 
Skipper

I am not near my boat, so I can’t help you with a picture. But I would suggest building them in the same manner as those in the starboard forepeak are built. I would not recommend ball bearing rollers. You need the notch in the lower lip to keep them from opening when the boat is heeled.

Ray Durkee
T37 #373

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018 18:49 
Skipper

Well, the good folks that manufacture draw slides provide them in a myriad of designs. Several provide a positive "lock" that will prevent the draw from opening uuntil you want it to. I've cursed several times (!) at the binding that occurs when attempting to open or close the drawers on my boat. Will I upgrade? Probably not, but were one starting from scratch, as the original poster states that he is, perhaps the use of slides would be in order.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 05:49 
Able Bodied Seaman

Thanks for the excellent help guys! Really appreciate the pictures! have the face cut and the slides and drawers from another boat being parted out. The photos are the final clue. now to just figure how to match the color....

Profile Email