Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Repacing sink drain thru-hull w/isotherm self pump

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 19 Apr 2024 14:44

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Repacing sink drain thru-hull w/isotherm self pump
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016 19:23 
Skipper

Perhaps too verbose a topic title: sorry. I'm fixin' to do this and wonder if any of you other sea dogs have done this. The whole through the hull will need to be enlarged and the self-pumping thru-hull is longer, so the elbow and sea-cock will extend further into the boat and will most likely require cutting out more of the vertical fore&aft bulhead to plumb the sink drain. So, if anyone else has done this mod, I'd be real interested in hearing if there were other issues involved in the process.I have an unpleasant feeling that there are going to be unexpected difficulties. Any feedback is appreciated.
"Aurora" #253

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Repacing sink drain thru-hull w/isotherm self pump
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019 13:08 
Rail Meat

I went with the magnum compressor. It looked to me like the SP thru Hull would get a lot of growth and be a pain to clean. It's only about 2 more amps and works fantastically. Makes ice even. The SP did seem like the way to go, but I'm glad I went with the magnum. Just my .02 cents.

Profile Email