Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Hatch Sealing

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Apr 2024 03:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hatch Sealing
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014 11:40 
Skipper

I have finally gotten the latch off and have my GE Ultra Glaze. Going to try and remove the lens, replace and reseal this next weekend. I'm thinking about trying to reuse the latch equipment. Was thinking I could through bolt where I drilled out the old frozen set screw. Anyone have an opinion there? Only thing I can think is that it won't look quite as clean with the bolt coming out the end.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Hatch Sealing
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014 16:21 
Skipper

Called Atkins and Hoyle and decided to order replacement parts for the latches, etc. FYI current prices and info are:
2x Through Hardware Knob $90.00 ea (with new screw)

2x Large Round Plastic washers for between knob and hatch lens - $2.00 ea.

Small Plastic Washers, $1.00 . ea. Unfortunate you threw the old ones away, the number varied over the years, some are thick some are thin, I don't have an exact kit sadly, you will have to order a 'handful' of each and space the handles out accordingly.

Cannot get new handles, hold onto those. A retrofitted system will work if required in the future.

2x Through Hardware seal (embedded in acrylic) - $17.50 ea

The lens is the most expensive part on the hatch almost, replacement 1/2" cast acrylic is $395.00

Gasket, if you wanted that, is $45.00, and the glue is $29.95 for a tube. The tube is more then you need, so if you have other hatches, now may be the time to change the gaskets.

We charge $250.00 for labour if you want to send the hatch to us to rebuild. We guarantee our work against leaks for one year.

Profile Email