Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Holding tank flush out attachment

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Apr 2024 18:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holding tank flush out attachment
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2015 10:10 
Skipper

After kicking this piece and damaging my toes repeatedly over the last year and a half....it finally broke off. For some reason it has stealth above everything else on deck when going forward, Anyone ever replaced this piece before? Part number, where to buy, link to replacement part, etc appreciated. Thanks, Zach

Attachments:
IMG_20150131_130743287.jpg
IMG_20150131_130743287.jpg [ 2.84 MB | Viewed 0 times ]
IMG_20150131_130808170.jpg
IMG_20150131_130808170.jpg [ 2.27 MB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Holding tank flush out attachment
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2015 11:10 
Skipper

Found these:
Looks like possibly exact replacement http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... id=2122921
Lower profile with male connection http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... id=2122944

Going to measure to see that hopefully matches up and don't have to drill new holes. Seems like going with the change to the male connection will save lots of hurt toes. Just keep a hose connector down below for when have a regular male hose. I typically go off shore and use my macerator pump rather than finding a pump out station anyway. Any opinions?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2015 11:30 
Skipper

The fittings you found are correct. You'll need the inlet. I replaced mine with the outlet since I now use that fitting for the outlet of my deck wash pump.

Odyssey #191
Home Port: Osterville, MA

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2015 23:10 
Skipper

I'm installing a saltwater washdown pump and running one line to this fitting http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... &id=828180 and with a 2-way the other side to the holding tank to wash it out. Running another line to the sink facet and cockpit using the above fitting. I'm tied of kicking that fitting and going flush mount. Defender has an inlet hose fitting for the flushdeck. http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... &id=839512

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015 08:57 
Skipper

Puff, I'm interested in this but can't quite wrap my head around it. Where is the pump going to be? Where is the hose and nozzle stored? The two way diverts the saltwater from the washdown pump to the holding tank? Are you running saltwater to the head sink faucet from this same pump and what about the cockpit? Is that a separate pump? Thanks, Zach

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015 11:56 
Skipper

I also replaced this fitting with a saltwater washdown and have been very happy with the set up. I tee'd off of the inlet below the head sink and mounted a saltwater pump in the hanging locker forward (with a strainer) then onto the quick connect fitting shown on the link above, although I bought mine from New Found Metals: http://www.newfoundmetals.com/deck-wash ... ckwashdown
But I believe it looks to be the same thing. Get the angled adapter because it gives you a little more leverage when disconnecting.
Winterizing is a snap, just close the seacock, fill the sink with the pink stuff, turn on the pump, connect the hose and spray until the water turns pink. I also use this set up to winterize the head.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015 13:00 
Skipper

I'm planning to tee off the engine seawater inlet and install the pump under the port berth. Run one discharge line to the galley sink to a single facet, so have SW to wash with. Run another to the cockpit to have a SW washdown for fish cleanup, washing and hosing down. Then run another line to the mentioned deck fitting and holding tank w/2-way valve. Will add a breaker/switch on the DC power panel to supply power. Will use a 25ft self-coiling hose, will store in milk crate located in Lazarette with snorkle gear or on top shelf in stbd cutout.

By the way if you haven't added a FW shower in cockpit that's a must. Wash with salt, rinse with fresh.

Just turn in my retirement papers so hope to do some crusing next winter down South. Will be busy this Spring.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015 15:07 
Skipper

puffcard wrote:
Just turn in my retirement papers so hope to do some cruising next winter down South. Will be busy this Spring.

Congratulations on the retirement. Remember this phrase. "I don't know how I ever had time to work." It comes true about 4 months into retirement. And at almost four years later, I still have things on my to-do list that I haven't checked off. Like Bahamas cruising, seeing the Dismal Swamp or even the southern Caribbean.

In line with this thread, we are going to install a 3 way valve on the bow for a salt water/fresh water wash down. We took a passage on a friend's boat and caught a few fish which we cleaned on deck. The saltwater wash down after fish cleaning is invaluable.

But we wanted our system to be on the bow to clean the anchor chain and wash down the deck. Then the thought about showering on deck came along and we realized we needed a fresh water rinse so we bought a 3 way valve to install. Yeah, it's still on the to-do list. dangit.

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015 15:49 
Skipper

Some great ideas to add to my list before I turn in my retirement papers in a couple of years. Congrats!

Profile Email