Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - 135% Genoa

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 04:08

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 135% Genoa
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 09:38 
Skipper

I have been flying the same 130-135% North Sails genoa on my boat since I bought it 18 years ago or so. We have a Profurl roller furling system with the drum set pretty high. It allows the sail to trim (to weather) right along the top of the upper lifeline. The sail is fabulous but alas, all good things must come to an end. I am thinking that this may be the year to replace. We have a single spreader rig and sail on the Chesapeake most of the time. I am inclined to go with North for the replacement but am interested in hearing others' experience with the various sail makers. I am more interested in a robust sail that will last a long time and less interested in the latest technology that will make the boat go a half a knot faster. Any thoughts from the fleet?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: 135% Genoa
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 11:14 
Rail Meat

Hey cseltzerjr,
I am currently using Chesapeake sailmakers near Jabin's boatyard in Annapolis. Nice outfit. Good service, seems reasonable enough. I have not purchased sails but had them clean, repair and store mine. I am also having them build a stack pack for me. Good luck with your search.
John H

Profile Email